salted chocolate peanut butter cups
- ½ cup (140g) smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup (60ml) melted coconut oil
- 100g dark chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons melted coconut oil, extra
- black sea salt flakes, to serve
- Line 12 x 1-tablespoon capacity mini muffin tins with paper cases. Place the peanut butter and coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and smooth. Divide between the tins and freeze for 15–20 minutes or until firm.
- While the peanut butter cups are freezing, place the chocolate in a small bowl, add the extra coconut oil and mix until smooth.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture into the cups, sprinkle with salt and return to the freezer for 10–15 minutes or until firm. Remove from the tin to serve. Makes 12
Tip: These peanut butter cups are best stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
So simple and so good! I made it in a rectangle baking tray, which works as well but keep it really straight in the fridge. Keep the finished peanutchocolate treats in a cold place: at room temperature they melt away. Still tasty, but more messy…