with pecan crumble
- 180g butter, softened
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 2½ cups (375g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder, sifted
- 1¼ cups (300g) sour cream
- 12 mixed plums, stones removed and quartered
- 2 tablespoons caster (superfine) sugar, extra
- ¼ cup (45g) brown sugar
- 1 cup (125g) pecans, roughly chopped
- 60g butter, melted
- ½ cup (75g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- To make the pecan crumble, place the sugar, pecans, butter, flour and cinnamon in a bowl and mix well to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and creamy. Gradually add the eggs and beat until well combined. Add the flour, baking powder and sour cream and beat until just combined.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 24cm x 34cm baking dish lined with non-stick baking paper. Place the plums and extra sugar in a bowl and toss to coat. Top the cake with the plums and the pecan crumble. Bake for 1 hour or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Allow to cool in tin before serving. Serves 8–10
There are no comments for this entry yet.