strawberry and cream yoghurt panna cottas
- 1½ cups (420g) natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1½ teaspoons powdered gelatine (jelly vibes!)
- 250g strawberries, green tops removed and halved
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (60ml) maple syrup
- 1 cup (250ml) milk (plain and simple)
- Remove the yoghurt from the fridge and set aside (to take off the chill).
- Place the warm water in a little bowl and sprinkle over the gelatine. Set aside for 5 minutes or until all the gelatine has been absorbed. Place the yoghurt, strawberries, vanilla and maple in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place the milk in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally with a whisk, for about 2 minutes or until little bubbles start to appear (don’t let the milk come all the way to the boil). Remove from the heat, add the gelatine mixture and whisk for about 1 minute or until totally combined. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Carefully pour the cooled milk mixture into the blender with the yoghurt mixture and blend for 10 seconds (just to combine). Divide the mixture between 6 x ¾-cup-capacity (180ml) serving glasses and refrigerate for 2–3 hours or until set (it’s worth the wait!).
- Remove the panna cottas from the fridge just before serving and, if you like, top each with some extra strawberries, a spoonful of yoghurt and a little maple. MAKES 6
There are no comments for this entry yet.