lemon and coconut impossible pie
- 1½ cups (375ml) milk
- ¾ cup (60g) desiccated coconut
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup (50g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- icing (confectioner’s) sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the milk, coconut, butter, vanilla, egg, flour, sugar and lemon juice in a blender, scraping down the sides if necessary, and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 18cm (1-litre-capacity) pie dish. Place on a large baking tray and cook for 30-35 minutes or until set. Set aside to cool slightly. Dust with icing sugar to serve. Serves 8.
donna hay team
Hi Dixie, Impossible pies are best eaten on the same day as baking - however you can refrigerate it and enjoy it cold. The dh team
I want to make this cake to take to work. But should it be cooked & eaten at that time, or can it be eaten the next day? Thank you.
donna hay team
Hi Rosemary, thank you for alerting us! The recipe should not refer to a skewer but rather that the pie has set. The wording has been changed. Many thanks! The DH team
55mins and still not cooked. I’ve lowered the oven to 155. My oven as always been spot on, so!!! We will see when the skewer comes out clean, what it’s like. Long wait
So easy and delicious! Thanks Donna, this is definitely going to be added to my repertoire. I made it for my friends last night and everyone enjoyed it. I think you could amp it up by adding some lemon zest and reducing the sugar slightly.
Have now added this one to my staples. Quick and easy.
Delicious! And easy peasy…
This needs 5 stars! It’s such a fail proof delicious recipe! Amazing when eaten warm. Perfect easy winter dessert recipe, thank you Donna
Quick and easy recipe. I’m just not 100% sure what the final consistency is meant to be but either way it was yummy!
Oh dear… I screwed it up!!! I cannot use milk, so I substitued with coconut milk and only used a ¼ cup of dessicated coconut. It just won’t set, so it’s kind of a gooey, chunky (because I tried to stir it after 45minutes in the oven) but absolutely delicious ice-cream topping.