- 1 packet Donna Hay Wholesome Banana Bread with spelt flour mix
- ½ cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large banana)
- 1½ cups grated carrot (3–4 carrots)
- ½ cup (110g) drained pineapple pieces, chopped
- ⅔ cup (160ml) light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (50g) chopped toasted walnuts (optional)
cream cheese frosting
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup (180g) firm ricotta
- ⅓ cup (80ml) maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
each packet contains:
- 1 sachet cake mix
- Follow the packet mix instructions.
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F) Line a lightly greased 20cm x 30cm slice tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the banana bread mix in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the banana, carrot, pineapple, oil and eggs, and mix to combine. Pour into the tin and spread evenly with a palette knife. Bake for 40–45 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Set aside to cool completely in the tin.
- To make the cream cheese frosting, place the cream cheese, ricotta, maple syrup and vanilla in a food processor and process until smooth. Spread the frosting over the cake and sprinkle with walnuts, if using, to serve. Serves 16
Easy to make. Very tasty and icing adds a decadent finish. I will definitely make again and experiment with more fruit.