brown butter and gorgonzola pumpkin pasta
- 1kg butternut pumpkin (squash), peeled and spiralised+
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 100g unsalted butter
- 150g gorgonzola, sliced
- ½ cup curly parsley leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Place the pumpkin, oil, salt and pepper on a large oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper and toss to combine. Cook for 5 minutes or until the pumpkin has just softened.
- While the pumpkin is cooking, place the butter in a small frying pan over high heat. Cook for 4–5 minutes or until the butter is foamy and nutty brown.
- Divide the pumpkin and gorgonzola between plates, spoon over the browned butter and sprinkle with parsley and parmesan to serve. Serves 2.
+ Use a spiraliser to cut the pumpkin into thin ribbons. Alternatively, thinly slice into long lengths using a julienne peeler.
There are no comments for this entry yet.