charred broccoli studio salad
- ½ cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 long red chillies, deseeded and shredded
- ⅓ cup (60g) salted baby capers, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon rind
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 heads broccoli, quartered
- 350g firm feta, cut into large chunks
- 120g wild rocket (arugula)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- cracked black pepper
- finely grated parmesan and lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Combine the oil, chillies, capers, lemon rind and garlic in a bowl. Place the broccoli onto a large baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Pour the chilli caper mixture over the broccoli to coat it.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then add the feta to the tray and bake for a further 10 minutes or until the broccoli is charred on the edges.
- Toss the rocket, oil, lemon juice and pepper together and scatter over the broccoli.
- Top the broccoli, feta and rocket salad with the pan juices and serve with parmesan and lemon wedges. Serves 4
You can wrap this salad in warm flatbread with hummus.
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.