super tasty broccoli bowl
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- ¾ cup (100g) pine nuts
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 950g broccoli, grated
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, plus extra to serve
- 1 cup (20g) basil leaves
- 1 cup (16g) mint leaves
- 6 baby cucumbers, or 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 3 small target beetroots+, peeled and thinly sliced
- 200g fresh goat’s cheese, broken into chunks
- red-vein sorrel, to serve (optional)
- Heat a large deep-sided frypan over medium heat.
- Add the oil and pine nuts and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until pine nuts are a light golden colour. Add the garlic and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli, stirring continuously for 3-4 minutes until just cooked, adding a little extra oil if necessary.
- Remove from heat and stir through the lemon zest, juice, basil and mint. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, divide broccoli mixture between bowls. Top with cucumber, beetroot and goat’s cheese and finish with a drizzle of extra oil and lemon juice. Scatter with red-vein sorrel leaves, if desired. Serves 4
+ If target beetroot is hard to find, you can also use 1 large regular beetroot.
+ Simply use a box grater to grate the broccoli into small crumbs.
+ Add more protein to this salad with a can of tuna or your favourite legumes, perhaps white beans or chickpeas.
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.