miso grilled chicken rice bowl
- 110g white miso paste
- ⅓ cup (80ml) pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup finely grated ginger
- 8 x chicken thigh fillets
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 4 cups (800g) cooked brown rice
- ½ cup (75g) roasted, unsalted cashews, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch radish, sliced, smaller leaves reserved
- 2 avocados, peeled and quartered
- 1½ cups (210g) podded edamame, blanched
- 1 nori sheet, quartered
- Preheat oven grill over high heat.
- Combine the miso, syrup, oils and ginger in a bowl. Divide between two bowls. Add the chicken to one bowl and toss to coat. Set aside to marinate for 20 minutes. Add lemon juice to the remaining miso mixture and set aside.
- Place the chicken on a large oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Cook for 8 minutes each side or until a deep golden brown and cooked through.
- Mix the rice with the cashews and remaining miso mixture. To serve, divide rice between bowls, slice chicken and place on rice with radish, avocado, edamame and nori. Serves 4
+ For a vegetarian version, swap the chicken for firm tofu, cut into 1cm slices.
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.