chicken and vegetable noodle soup
- 1 x quantity classic chicken soup base (see basic recipe below method)
- 2 baby fennel bulbs, thinly sliced and fronds reserved
- 200g fresh pappardelle, cut into 5cm lengths
- 1 medium zucchini (courgette), thinly sliced
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ¼ cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
- Place the chicken stock in a large saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Add the shredded chicken and fennel and cook for 3 minutes or until the fennel is tender and the chicken is heated through. Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until al dente.
- Add the zucchini, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Divide between serving bowls and top with the parsley, parmesan and reserved fennel fronds to serve. Serves 4
TIPS + TRICKS
Find fresh pappardelle in the chilled section of the supermarket, or use your favourite variety of fresh pasta for this nourishing winter classic.
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.