mozzarella and basil-stuffed chicken
with summer slaw
- ⅓ cup (80g) crème fraiche
- ½ cup (50g) grated mozzarella
- 1 cup basil leaves, finely chopped,
plus extra leaves to serve
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 x 250g skinless chicken supremes, trimmed
- ⅓ cup (50g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup (60ml) milk
- 1½ cups (105g) panko (Japanese) breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 beetroot, peeled and shredded
- 2 cups (160g) shredded white cabbage
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the crème fraiche, cheese, basil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and mix to combine.
- Using a small sharp knife, cut a long pocket in the side of the chicken supremes. Fill each with the crème fraiche mixture and fold the chicken over to enclose.
- Place the flour, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and mix to combine. Place the eggs and milk in a separate medium bowl and whisk to combine. Place the breadcrumbs in a third medium bowl.
- Dust the chicken with the flour, dip in the egg mixture and press into the breadcrumbs to coat. Place on a large oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Drizzle with extra oil and cook for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked and golden.
- While the chicken is cooking, place the beetroot, cabbage, carrot, juice, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Serve chicken with the slaw and extra basil. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.