chorizo and ricotta lasagne
with crispy oregano
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra, for drizzling
- 600g chorizo, casings removed
- 2 cups (560g) tomato puree (passata)
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1½ cups (360g) fresh ricotta
- ½ cup (15g) finely grated parmesan
- 1½ cups (150g) grated mozzarella
- 400g fresh lasagne sheets, trimmed
- 6 sprigs oregano
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Add the tomato puree, water, salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Place the ricotta, parmesan and 1 cup (100g) of the mozzarella in a medium bowl and mix to combine.
- Place 1 lasagne sheet in each base of 2 x 2½-cup-capacity (625ml) ovenproof dishes. Divide half of the chorizo mixture, then half of the cheese mixture between the two dishes. Top each with a second lasagne sheet, the remaining chorizo mixture and the remaining cheese mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella. Place on a large oven tray and cook for 15 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbling.
- While the lasagnes are cooking, place the oregano on a small oven tray and drizzle with extra oil. Cook for 1 minute or until crisp. Top the lasagnes with the oregano to serve. Serves 4
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.