Coconut rice salad
with green mango and herbs
- 1½ cups (300g) long-grain white rice, rinsed
- 400ml can coconut milk, plus extra to serve
- 1⅔ cups (410ml) water
- 1 green mango, shredded
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled, deseeded and sliced
- 1 cup purple basil leaves
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 pink grapefruit, segmented
- crispy fried shallots (eschalots), to serve
- micro (baby) shiso leaves, to serve (optional)
- Place the rice, coconut milk and water in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low and cover with a lid. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and set aside, covered, for 5 minutes. Place the rice in the refrigerator until cold.
- Place the mango, cucumber, basil, mint, chilli and grapefruit in a large bowl and gently toss to combine.
- Top the rice with the salad, drizzle with the extra coconut milk and sprinkle with fried shallots. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.