with dill pickled onions
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 4 x 180g pieces salmon fillet, skin on
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- baby spinach leaves and extra dill sprigs, to serve
dill pickled onions
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- ⅓ cup (80ml) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons caster (superfine) sugar
- ⅓ cup dill sprigs
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- To make the dill pickled onions, place the onion, lemon juice, sugar, dill and a generous amount of salt and pepper in a bowl and toss well to combine. Set aside.
- Combine the chilli, salt, sesame and mint. Brush the salmon lightly with oil and sprinkle the flesh-side only with the spice mixture. Heat a large non stick frying pan over high heat.
- Add the salmon, skin-side down, and cook for 5 minutes or until the skin is crispy. Turn the salmon and cook for a further 2–3 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Divide the salmon between plates and top with the dill pickled onions. Toss the baby spinach leaves with a little of the pickling liquid and serve with the fish. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.