frying pan beef enchiladas
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 500g beef mince
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ¾ cup (180g) sour cream
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup (100g) grated mozzarella
- watercress sprigs, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof frying pan over high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the mince and cook, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon, for 4 minutes. Add the tomato, paprika, salt and pepper. Cook for 6 minutes or until reduced and thickened.
- Preheat grill (broiler) to high. Transfer the mince mixture to a large bowl and wipe out the pan with paper towel. Spread 1 tablespoon of the sour cream over each tortilla. Top 1 tortilla with ½ cup of the mince mixture, roll to enclose and place in the frying pan, seam-side down. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and mince mixture. Spoon the remaining sour cream over the tortillas. Top with mozzarella and place under the grill for 5 minutes or until golden and bubbling. Top with watercress and pepper to serve. Serves 4.
Savory and satisfying food! I did add a can of black beans