ginger chicken rice bowls
- ½ cup (80g) sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 chicken thigh fillets (750g), trimmed and halved
- 3½ cups (700g) cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 150g snow peas, trimmed, blanched and shredded
- 1 avocado, cut into wedges
- soy sauce and shredded nori, to serve
ginger coriander dressing
- 4 green onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- ¼ cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- To make the ginger coriander dressing, place the onion, ginger, coriander, salt and oil in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine and allow to stand for 20 minutes.
- Place the sesame seeds on a small tray. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Press both sides of each chicken piece into the sesame seeds to coat. Cook the chicken, in batches, for 6 minutes each side or until cooked through and the sesame seeds are golden.
- Place the rice, mirin, vinegar and 1 tablespoon of the ginger coriander dressing in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Divide the rice mixture between serving bowls and top with the chicken, snow peas and avocado. Spoon the remaining dressing over the top and serve with soy and nori. Makes 4
This was super easy and super tasty, everyone loved it including the kids.