green tabasco and coriander butter
- 80g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup coriander (cilantro) leaves, finely chopped
- 2 green onions (scallions), finely chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) green Tabasco
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 x 1.6kg whole chicken, rinsed and patted dry
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- ¼ cup (400g) pine nuts, toasted and finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the butter, half the coriander, half the onion, and 2 tablespoons of the Tabasco in a bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper, mix to combine and set aside.
- Carefully loosen the chicken skin with your fingers and push the butter mixture under the skin. Secure the legs with kitchen string, brush the chicken with oil and sprinkle with salt. Place on a lightly greased large oven tray and cook for 1 hour or until the chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Place the oil, pine nuts and remaining coriander, onion and Tabasco in a small bowl and mix to combine. Serve with the chicken. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.