grilled balsamic chicken with limes
- ⅓ cup (80ml) balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup (45g) brown (light brown) sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 x 120g chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 4 limes, halved
- Place the vinegar, sugar, garlic, oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the chicken and set aside to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Preheat a chargrill pan to medium. Remove the chicken from the marinade, reserving the marinade, and brush with extra oil. Cook for 4 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Place the reserved marinade in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil. Cook for 2–3 minutes or until reduced and sticky. Place the limes, cut-side down, on the chargrill and cook for 1 minute or until caramelised. Drizzle the sauce over the chicken. Serve with the lime. Serves 4
Photography: Ben Dearnley
There are no comments for this entry yet.