lemon and garlic squid
with zucchini pasta
- 6 cleaned squid tubes (about 350g), thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 300g fresh linguine+
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 zucchini (courgettes) spiralised or shredded
- micro (baby) lemon balm, to serve
- Place the squid, chilli, lemon rind, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- While the squid is marinating, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 3 minutes or until
al dente. Drain and keep warm.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the squid and cook for 3 minutes or until golden and just cooked through. Add the zucchini and pasta and toss to combine. Divide between plates, top with the lemon balm and drizzle with the extra oil to serve. Serves 4.
+ We used fresh pasta varieties, which are available from selected supermarkets, specialty grocers and delicatessens.
There are no comments for this entry yet.