lemon, olive and butter bean chicken
- ¼ cup (60ml/2 fl oz) Cobram Estate Classic flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons, thickly sliced
- 8 cloves garlic, skin on, crushed
- ¾ cup (45g/1½ oz) green Sicilian olives
- 12 sprigs oregano or marjoram
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 x 150g (5¼ oz) chicken breast fillets (4 small), trimmed
- 1 x 400g (14 oz) can butter beans (lima beans), drained, rinsed
- 12 small stalks cavolo nero (Tuscan kale), stems removed
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Place the oil, lemon, garlic, olives, oregano, salt and pepper in a large roasting pan lined with non-stick baking paper. Toss to combine. Bake for 10 minutes then add the chicken and butter beans. Coat the chicken in the pan juices and bake for 10 minutes. Add the cavolo nero to the pan and bake for a further 5 minutes or until the cavolo nero is crisp and the chicken is cooked through.
- To serve, slice the chicken into thick slices and place onto serving plates with the crispy cavolo nero, beans, olives and pan juices. Serves 4
Photography: Con Poulos
A success with my family. My chicken breasts at 200g each took an extra 15 minutes. I substituted Savoy cabbage for the Cavolo Nero. The leaves benefit from being in the wonderful juices below, so do try to stir in.