pasta with garlic crumbs, lemon and ricotta
- 200g (7 oz) dried wholemeal (whole-wheat) spaghetti or linguine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 slices sourdough bread, torn into small pieces (crusts on)
- 1 tablespoon shredded lemon rind
- 4 white anchovy fillets, finely chopped (optional)
- ¼ cup (6g/¼ oz) torn flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 30g (1 oz) wild rocket (arugula) leaves
- ½ cup (120g/4¼ oz) fresh ricotta
- finely grated parmesan and lemon wedges (optional), to serve
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Return saucepan to medium-low heat. Add the oil, garlic and bread and toss until golden. Add lemon rind, anchovy, pasta, parsley and rocket and toss to coat.
- To serve, divide pasta between bowls and top with ricotta. Drizzle with extra oil, sprinkle with parmesan and serve with lemon wedges, if you like. Serves 2
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.