lime and tequila fish tacos
- ¼ cup (60ml) tequila
- ¼ cup (60ml) lime juice
- 1 tablespoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- sea salt
- 8 small white fish fillets
- vegetable oil, for brushing
- 8 tortillas, warmed
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ cup coriander (coriander) leaves
pickled cabbage salad
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (160g) shredded cabbage
- Mix to combine the tequila, lime, sugar, chilli and salt. Place the fish in a bowl, pour over half the tequila mixture and allow to stand for 20 minutes to marinate.
- To make the pickled cabbage salad, place the onion and cabbage in a bowl and pour over the remaining tequila marinade. Toss to combine and refrigerate until required.
- Remove the fish from the marinade and brush with a little oil. Heat a large non-stick frying pan or barbecue over high heat and cook the fish, skin-side first, for 1–2 minutes each side. Set aside.
- To make the tacos, top the tortillas with the cabbage salad, avocado, fish and coriander. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.