spicy chicken tacos
- 8 x 150g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 cobs corn, husks and silks removed
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 2 avocados, cut into wedges
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- lime wedges, to serve
- Place the chicken, lime rind, chilli, paprika, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl and toss well to combine. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue over high heat. Brush the corn cobs with a little of the extra oil and cook, turning, for 8–10 minutes or until lightly charred. Slice the corn from the cobs.
- Cook the chicken for 3–4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Slice the chicken into strips.
- Lightly grill each tortilla until soft and top with the chicken, corn and avocado. Sprinkle with coriander, salt and pepper. Fold the tortillas to enclose and serve with lime wedges. Serves 4
Wine note: these spicy tacos, with charred chicken and bursting sweet corn, are dressed in lime juice. The cool, fresh citrus notes in sparkling Cloudy Bay Pelorus make it the perfect partner.
There are no comments for this entry yet.