egg baskets with ginger chilli pork
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onion
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced using a peeler
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- ½ cup mint leaves
- 1 cup (80g) bean sprouts
- ½ cup (70g) chopped unsalted roasted peanuts
- lime wedges, to serve
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 long red chillies, finely shredded
- ¼ cup (45g) finely shredded ginger
- 500g pork mince
- 1½ tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1½ tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a 26cm round non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Break 1 of the eggs into a small bowl and beat well. Add the egg to the pan and swirl to coat the base. Working quickly, sprinkle the egg with one quarter of the onion before it sets. Cook for 1 minute or until set and the underside is golden. Transfer the omelette to line the base of a serving bowl. Repeat with the remaining oil, eggs and onion.
- To make the pork larb, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the chilli and ginger and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft and just golden. Add the pork and cook, stirring, for 6 minutes or until well browned. Add the sugar, fish sauce and lime juice, stir to combine and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Spoon the pork into the egg baskets and top with the cucumber, coriander, mint and sprouts. Sprinkle with the nuts and serve with lime wedges. Serves 4
Wine note: with bright aromatics of kaffir lime and grapefruit, vibrant Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc brings the signature Asian flavours of ginger, chilli and lime in this dish to life.
There are no comments for this entry yet.