mint and chilli lamb roasts
with roasted parsnip
- ¾ cup (240g) mint jelly
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes, plus extra for sprinkling
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 x 500g lamb loin roasts, rolled and tied
- 8 parsnips, peeled and cut into 1cm rounds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Place the mint jelly, chilli flakes, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine. Add the lamb, toss to coat and set aside at room temperature for 10 minutes to marinate.
- While the lamb is marinating, place the parsnips on a large oven tray. Drizzle with oil, toss to coat and cook for 10 minutes. Turn the parsnips over, drizzle over the water and top with the lamb. Cook for 25 minutes for medium rare or until cooked to your liking. Sprinkle with the extra chilli flakes and slice to serve. Serves 4
Mint jelly is traditionally served on the side, but in this recipe it’s in the marinade which is such a genius idea – you have to try it!
There are no comments for this entry yet.