miso and ginger salmon skewers
- ¼ cup (55g) white miso paste
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ⅓ cup (80ml) water
- 800g skinless salmon fillet, pin-boned and cut into 5cm pieces
- 4 green onions (scallions), cut into 4cm lengths
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- shichimi togarashi+ and micro (baby) purple basil, for sprinkling
- ¼ cup (70g) pickled ginger
- wasabi paste, to serve
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue to medium heat. Place the miso, ginger, garlic and water in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Thread the salmon and onion onto 8 skewers, and brush both sides with the miso marinade. Brush the grill with the oil and cook the skewers, turning, for 3–4 minutes or until charred.
- Sprinkle the skewers with the sesame seeds, shichimi togarashi and micro basil. Serve with the pickled ginger and wasabi. Serves 4.
+ Shichimi togarashi is a Japanese spice mix and is available from Asian supermarkets.
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.