miso grilled chicken skewers
- 400g gai lan (Chinese broccoli), stems cut into 4cm lengths, leaves reserved
- 4 green onions, white parts only, cut into 4cm lengths
- 12 chicken tenderloins (500g)
- steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- toasted sesame seeds, to serve
- ½ cup (160g) white miso paste
- ¼ cup (60ml) mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- ¼ cup (90g) honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- To make the miso marinade, place the miso paste, mirin, honey, soy sauce and sesame oil in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Thread each of 12 long bamboo or metal skewers with a few pieces of gai lan and onion. Add the chicken, threading the tenderloin lengthways. Top with the remaining gai lan and onion.
- Heat a well-greased char-grill pan or barbecue over high heat. Cook the skewers for 4 minutes each side, brushing frequently with the miso marinade, until golden and the chicken is cooked through.
- Place the remaining marinade in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Blanch the gai lan leaves in a large saucepan of boiling water. Drain and divide between serving bowls with the rice. Top with the skewers and drizzle with the hot marinade. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.