ricotta and zucchini cannelloni
- 1½ cups (180g) frozen peas (easy peasy!)
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups (360g) fresh firm ricotta
- 2 cups (50g) baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped mint
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind (a tasty trick)
- sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 3–4 zucchinis (courgettes), thinly sliced lengthways using a mandolin (you’ll need about 24 long slices)
- 2 cups (500ml) tomato puree (passata)
- ½ cup (50g) grated mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the peas in a colander and rinse them under hot running water to thaw. Drain well and place in a big bowl. Using a fork or potato masher, roughly mash the peas. Crack the eggs on top and add the ricotta, spinach, mint, lemon rind, salt and pepper. Mix well with a spatula.
- Place 1 heaped tablespoon of the pea mixture at one end of each slice of zucchini. Roll up the slices to enclose the filling.
- Pour the puree into a 22cm x 30cm (2-litre-capacity) baking dish. Nestle the zucchini rolls into the dish so they fit snugly. Sprinkle with the mozzarella and bake for 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Wear your oven gloves to take the dish from the oven and allow to cool a little, before spooning onto serving plates. Serves 4–6
There are no comments for this entry yet.