pasta with rocket, basil
and anchovy pesto
- 3 cups (90g) baby wild rocket (arugula) leaves
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 6 anchovy fillets, drained
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil, plus extra, for drizzling
- ⅓ cup (25g) finely grated parmesan, plus extra, to serve
- ¼ cup (40g) pine nuts, toasted
- 400g truss cherry tomatoes
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 375g fresh lasagne sheets
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). To make the pesto, place the rocket, basil, garlic, anchovy, lemon rind and juice, olive oil, parmesan and pine nuts in a food processor and process to a coarse paste.
- Place the tomatoes on a baking tray, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 10 minutes or until the tomatoes are tender and the skin is beginning to blister.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, tear the lasagne sheets into 5cm wide strips. Cook the strips in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 4–6 minutes, or until al dente, and drain. Toss the pesto through the hot pasta. Serve with roasted tomatoes and top with extra parmesan. Serves 4
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.