mustard and fennel pork skewers
with pea hummus
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup (60ml) lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra, for brushing
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 700g pork fillet (tenderloin), trimmed and cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 bulbs baby fennel, thinly sliced
- ½ cup mint leaves
- lime halves, to serve
- 240g store-bought hummus
- 2 cups (240g) blanched peas
- ½ cup roughly chopped mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- To make the pea hummus, place the hummus, peas, mint and lime juice in a small food processor and process until combined. Set aside.
- Place the fennel seeds, garlic, 2 tablespoons of the lime juice, the mustard, 1 tablespoon of the oil, salt and pepper in a bowland mix to combine. Add the pork, toss to coat and thread onto skewers.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Brush the skewers with oil and cook, in batches, for 3–4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Place the fennel, mint, remaining lime juice and remaining oil in a bowl and toss to combine. Serve the skewers with the pea hummus, fennel salad and limes. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.