tray-roasted pumpkin and lentil korma curry
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 800g jap pumpkin (squash), peeled and cut into small pieces
- ⅓ cup (100g) store-bought korma curry paste
- ½ cup (125ml) hot water
- ½ cup (125ml) single (pouring) cream
- 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup (20g) flaked almonds, toasted
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup coriander (cilantro) leaves
- Preheat oven to 240°C (475°F). Place the onion, pumpkin and curry paste in a roasting tray and toss to coat. Pour in the water, cover tightly with aluminium foil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the foil, add the cream and lentils and cook for a further 10 minutes. Top the curry with the almonds, mint and coriander to serve. Serves 4.
donna hay team
Hi Farlie, To replace the single (pouring) cream, we recommend using coconut cream as it has a thicker consistency than coconut milk and almond milk. Hope this helps! DH Team
Farlie Birmingham Birmingham
Is it possible to swap the pouring cream for coconut milk or almond milk? I’m looking for a vegan alternative? Thanks