smoky prawns with israeli couscous
- 16 green (raw) tiger prawns (shrimp), peeled
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 cup (180g) Israeli (pearl) couscous
- 1¾ cups (430ml) boiling water
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- basil leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Place the prawns, chilli, thyme, garlic, oil, lemon rind, salt and pepper in a large bowl and toss to combine. Heat a large, heavy-based ovenproof frying pan over high heat. Add the prawns and cook, turning, for 2 minutes. Remove and set aide.
- Add the couscous, water, tomatoes, paprika, salt and pepper to the pan and mix to combine. Add the prawns, cover with a lid and cook in the oven for 15 minutes or until couscous is tender. Top with basil to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.