speedy salt, pepper and chilli roasted chicken
- 1 x 1.8kg whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- chopped iceberg lettuce and sliced cucumber, to serve
- mayonnaise and lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the chicken, breast-side down, on a board so the back is facing up and the drumsticks are pointing towards you. Using sharp kitchen scissors or chicken shears, cut closely along each side of the backbone. Remove and discard the backbone. Turn the chicken, breast-side up, and press down firmly on the breastbone to flatten the chicken. Place the chicken, breast-side up on the tray.
- Place the oil, chilli, five-spice, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix to combine. Brush the chicken all over with the spice mixture. Roast for 45 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Serve with lettuce, cucumber, mayonnaise and lemon wedges. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.