thyme and pumpkin spaghetti
- 1.5kg peeled and chopped butternut pumpkin
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 15 sprigs thyme
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 300g wholewheat spaghetti
- 3 cups (45g) watercress sprigs
- 100g goat’s curd or soft goat’s cheese
- ⅓ cup (45g) toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- chilli flakes, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Divide the pumpkin, garlic, thyme, oil, salt and pepper between 2 large oven trays and toss to combine. Cook for 30–40 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender and golden.
- Use a fork to roughly mash the pumpkin and garlic.
- While the pumpkin is cooking, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 8–10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water. Return the pasta, reserved cooking water and mashed pumpkin to the pan and toss to combine.
- Top with the watercress, goat’s curd, extra oil, salt, pepper, hazelnuts and chilli flakes to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.