blueberry and coconut scones
- 2 cups (320g) wholemeal self-raising (self-rising) flour, plus extra for dusting
- ⅓ cup (45g) coconut sugar
- 20g cold unsalted butter, chopped
- ⅓ cup (65g) dried blueberries
- ¼ cup (20g) shredded coconut
- 1⅓ cups (330ml) buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup (160g) frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the flour and sugar in a large bowl and mix to combine. Add the butter and, working quickly, use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour mixture until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the dried blueberries and coconut and stir to combine.
- Make a well in the centre, add the buttermilk and vanilla, and use a butter knife to gently mix the dough until almost combined. Add the frozen blueberries and mix to just combine.
- Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper and lightly dust with extra flour. Turn the dough out onto the tray.
- Using lightly floured hands, bring the dough together and flatten out into a 20cm round. Using a sharp knife, cut into 8 pieces. Cook for 25–30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve. Serves 8
Photography: Ben Dearnley
There are no comments for this entry yet.