chicken and coconut rice paper rolls
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 2 stalks lemongrass, bruised and halved
- 8 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 2 chicken breasts (300g)
- 20 small rice paper rounds
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves
- 1 cup coriander sprigs
- 1 green mango, peeled and finely shredded
- 150g snow pea shoots
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 long green chilli, thinly sliced
- Place the coconut milk, water, lemongrass, lime leaves, salt and chicken in a medium frying pan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken, cover and refrigerate until cool.
- Shred the chicken using 2 forks. To make the dipping sauce, place the fish sauce, sugar, lime juice and chilli in a bowl and mix to combine.
- To assemble the rolls, dip 1 rice paper round in a bowl of cold water for 10 seconds to soften slightly. Place on a clean, damp tea towel and place a little of the basil, coriander, chicken, mango, snow pea shoots and onion down the centre of the sheet.
- Fold in one end and roll up tightly to enclose the filling. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Serve immediately with the dipping sauce. Makes 20
Photography: William Mappem
There are no comments for this entry yet.