chocolate macaroon tarts
- 3 cups (240g) desiccated coconut
- 3 eggwhites
- ¾ cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar
- cocoa, for dusting
- 150g dark chocolate
- 100g butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks, extra
- ¼ cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 tablespoons plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- Preheat oven to 140°C. Place the coconut, eggwhites and sugar in a bowl and stir to combine. Press mixture firmly into the base and sides of 8 x 8cm-round well-greased, loose-bottomed tart tins. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until just golden.
- To make the chocolate filling, place the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and smooth. Place the eggs, extra yolks and sugar in a bowl and whisk until pale.
- Gently fold the flour and chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and spoon into the macaroon cases. Bake for 10–12 minutes or until just set. Dust with cocoa and serve warm or cold. Makes 8.
There are no comments for this entry yet.