crispy prawns with lemon chilli salt
- 500g green (raw) school prawns (shrimp)
- rice flour, for dusting
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
lemon chilli salt
- ¼ cup (30g) sea salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon shredded lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 cup (300g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon shredded
- lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- To make the lemon chilli salt, place the salt and chilli in a bowl and rub together with your fingers until fine. Add the lemon zest and pepper and mix well to combine. Set aside.
- To make garlic mayonnaise, place mayonnaise, lemon zest and garlic in a bowl and mix well to combine. Set aside.
- Toss the prawns in the rice flour to coat. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until hot. Cook the prawns, in batches, for 3–4 minutes or until crispy.
- Drain on absorbent paper and toss prawns in the lemon chilli salt. Serve with the garlic mayonnaise. Serves 4–6.
There are no comments for this entry yet.