grilled mushroom and beef burger
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 8 large portobello mushrooms, stems trimmed
- 350g haloumi, cut into 4 slices
- 2 medium green tomatoes, sliced
- 2 large dill pickles, sliced
- 2 cups watercress sprigs
- store-bought tzatziki, to serve
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 tablespoon dried mint leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup (40g) pine nuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- To make the meat patties, place the beef, mint, chilli, garlic, pine nuts, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix until well combined. Divide the mixture into 4 equal pieces and shape into patties.
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue over high heat. Brush each of the patties with the oil and cook for 3–4 minutes each side or until charred and cooked through. Set aside and keep warm.
- Brush the mushrooms with the oil and cook for 2–3 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain. Brush the haloumi with the oil and cook for 1 minute each side or until golden.
- Top half the grilled mushrooms with the haloumi, tomato, pickles, tzatziki, the meat patties and the watercress, finishing with the remaining mushrooms. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.