honey mustard chicken and potato bake
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 chicken marylands (1kg)
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 250g streaky bacon, thinly sliced
- 600g chat (baby) potatoes, halved
- 1 cup (250ml) single (pouring) cream
- ⅓ cup (95g) honey mustard
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 6 sprigs thyme
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Heat the oil in a large flameproof, ovenproof frying pan over high heat. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper and cook for 4 minutes each side or until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the bacon and potato to the pan and cook for 6 minutes or until golden. Add the cream, mustard and water and return the chicken to the pan. Bring to a simmer and cover with a lid.
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove the lid, add the thyme and cook for a further 10 minutes or until chicken is golden and potato is cooked through. Serve. Serves 4.
Love this one too! I used boneless, skinless thigh meat and added veg stock powder to the water.
donna hay team
Hi Donna and Gayle! We use supermarket brand honey mustard - masterfoods sell a brand if you live in Australia. Happy cooking!
Just made this tonight. Absolutely delish! Served with sauteed snowpeas with lots of butter, kosher salt and a slurp of honey. Yummy.
Donna Hay you’re a genius! Just had a ‘What do you call this, Love?’ moment, whole family devoured it! Thank you
My family loved this. Will definitely be making again!!!
As per Donna’s comment below, I too would like to know what sauce you use for the 1/2cup of honey mustard in this recipe please?
I can’t wait to make this. I am fructose intolerant and Can’t have honey, but it will taste awesome with maple syrup I am sure.
What would be a good substitute for the cream if I’m serving to a dairy free friend? Coconut cream?
What sauce do you use when it says honey mustard?
Delicious! Great for a group, received lots of compliments!