pea, artichoke and prosciutto open lasagne
- 375g fresh lasagne sheets, halved
- 1½ cups (180g) frozen peas
- 4 marinated long-stemmed artichokes, halved
- 1 cup mint leaves, plus extra to serve
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 cups (480g) fresh ricotta
- 8 slices prosciutto
- finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 3 minutes or until al dente. Carefully remove, set aside and keep warm.
- Add the peas to the pan and cook for 2 minutes or until tender. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Using a potato masher or fork, lightly crush the peas. Add the artichoke, mint, lemon rind, lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper and gently toss to combine.
- Divide the pasta between plates and top each with ¼ cup of the ricotta, a spoonful of the pea mixture and a slice of the prosciutto. Fold over the pasta sheets and repeat layering with remaining ingredients.
- Top each with extra mint, sprinkle with black pepper and parmesan, and drizzle with extra oil to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.