spiced apple martinis
- 3 cups (750ml) apple juice
- ⅓ cup (75g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 10 thyme sprigs
- 1 teaspoon juniper berries, lightly crushed
- peel of 1 lemon
- 2 star anise
- 1 cup (250ml) vodka
- ½ cup (125ml) dry vermouth
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1 cup ice cubes
- dried candied apples, to serve
- Place the apple juice, sugar, thyme, juniper berries, lemon peel and star anise in a medium saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Cook for 15 minutes. Strain, discard the herbs and refrigerate until cold.
- To serve, mix to combine the apple syrup, vodka, vermouth, lemon juice and ice and stir until cold. Strain into 8 glasses and top with dried apple. Serves 8
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.