lychee and vanilla tequila martini
- 565g can lychees in syrup
- ½ cup (125ml) coconut water
- 3 vanilla beans
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- 1 cup (250ml) good-quality tequila
- 1 cup ice
- Drain the lychees, reserving the liquid. Place the lychees and coconut water in a large bowl and, using a hand-held stick blender, blend until smooth.
- Strain through a sieve and pour into 12 x 30ml-capacity ice cube moulds. Freeze for 3 hours or until frozen.
- Place the reserved lychee liquid, 1 of the vanilla beans and the water in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and set aside to allow to infuse and cool.
- Pour the lychee liquid, tequila and ice in a cocktail shaker or large jug and shake or stir. Thinly slice the remaining vanilla beans and divide between 6 martini glasses.
- Pour over the martini and serve with the lychee ice cubes. Makes 6.
There are no comments for this entry yet.