avocado and labne toast with basil oil
- ½ cup basil leaves, plus extra to serve
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- ⅓ cup (95g) labne (yoghurt cheese)
- 4 slices seeded bread, toasted
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 50g yellow butter beans or green beans, blanched and finely shredded
- ¼ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- Place the basil, oil, lemon rind, juice and salt in a large bowl. Using a hand-held blender, blend until smooth. Spread the labne over the toasts and top with the avocado, beans, basil oil, chilli and extra basil leaves to serve. Makes 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.