chilli and ginger pork noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5cm piece ginger, peeled and shredded
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced, plus extra to serve
- 500g pork mince
- ¼ cup (80g) Asian chilli jam
- 1½ cups (325ml) chicken stock
- 200g flat rice noodles, cooked
- 2 green onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- sriracha hot chilli sauce+, to serve
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat.
- Add the ginger, garlic and chilli and cook for 2–3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Add the pork to the wok and cook, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon, for 4–5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add the chilli jam and cook for 1 minute. Add the stock and cook for 6–7 minutes or until the liquid is reduced.
- Divide the noodles between bowls and top with the pork, ginger mixture, onion, extra chilli and sesame seeds.
- Serve with sriracha. Serves 4.
+ Sriracha hot chilli sauce is available from the Asian food aisle of most supermarkets and from Asian grocers.
Delicious flavours and really simple/fast to make .
Absolute winner….. Delicious.. Added some fresh coriander and sweet chill sauce when serving…. Quick, easy - will be making again soon.