chilli peanut tofu burger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Asian chilli jam
- 2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 350g firm tofu, cut into 8 slices
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 wholemeal seeded bread rolls, halved
- baby spinach and sliced cucumber, to serve
pickled red onion
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup (125ml) white wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup (45g) roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup (120g) hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- To make the pickled red onion, place the onion and vinegar in a bowl, toss to combine andset aside to pickle for 15 minutes.
- To make the peanut sauce, place the peanut, hoisin, ginger and water in a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place the garlic, chilli jam and hoisin in a bowl and mix to combine. Brush both sides of the tofu with the chilli jam mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook the tofu, in batches, for 2–3 minutes each side or until caramelised.
- Spread the peanut sauce on the base of each roll. Top each with spinach, 2 slices of the tofu, the baby cucumber and pickled onion. Sandwich with the remaining roll halves to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.