chocolate tiramisu mousse
- 2 tablespoons espresso coffee
- 1¼ cups (310ml) single (pouring) cream
- 50g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- ½ cup (125g) mascarpone
- ¼ cup (40g) icing sugar, sifted
- 8 mini store-bought sponge finger biscuits
- 50g dark chocolate, extra, melted
- cocoa powder, for dusting
- Place the coffee, ½ cup (125ml) of the cream and the chopped chocolate in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir until melted and smooth. Transfer to the bowl of an electric mixer. Allow to cool slightly.
- Add the mascarpone, the remaining cream and the sugar. Whisk on high speed until stiff peaks form. Spoon into 4 x 1-cup-capacity (250ml) serving bowls and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Line a tray with non-stick baking paper. Dip the biscuits halfway into the chocolate, place on the tray and refrigerate for 10 minutes or until set.
- Dust the mousse with the cocoa and serve with the chocolate-dipped biscuits. Serves 4
+ You can keep this mousse refrigerated for up to 3 days.
donna hay team
Hi Heather, When finishing step one, allow the mixture to cool slightly longer, to around room temperature, before continuing to step two. This will help prevent the mixture from splitting. Hope this helps. DH Team
Hi there, the mixture split before getting to stiff peaks. Any tips?