carrot cake bliss balls
- 3 cups (360g) pecans
- 20 soft fresh dates (400g), pitted
- 1 cup (120g) grated carrot (about 1 carrot)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⅓ cups (130g) LSA+
- Place 1 cup (120g) of the pecans in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Place in a small bowl and set aside. Place the dates, carrot, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, LSA and the remaining 2 cups (240g) of pecans in the food processor and process for 1 minute or until the mixture comes together.
- Shape 1-tablespoon portions of the mixture into balls and roll in the chopped pecans to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes 28
+ LSA is a mix of ground linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds. Find it in the health food aisle of supermarkets.
Tip: Keep these bliss balls refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
donna hay team
Hi Linez, LSA is a mix of ground linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds. Here in Australia, you can find it in the health food aisle of supermarkets, however if you cannot find it near you, you could either make your own or use almond meal. Enjoy!
Hi! I live in the US on an island, called
Nantucket. I am a self taught chef and admire your cooking style enormously.
Would love to make these, however what is LSA?
Thanks so much!
donna hay team
Hi Lindsay, To make this nut free, you can replace the pecans and LSA with toasted sunflower or pepita seeds. To make the crunchy coating, replace the LSA with extra roughly chopped toasted sunflower or pepita seeds. Hope this helps! DH Team
Could you replace the pecans with anything to make it nut free for school?
these are absolutely beautiful, so yummy! i used a bag of mixed nuts (instead of pecans) on the second patch, and turned out just the same, a slightly different taste but still nice.