chilli tuna, lemon and dill pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 x 185g cans chilli tuna in oil, drained
- 300g fresh pappardelle
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup dill sprigs, finely chopped, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the garlic and zest and cook for 1 minute. Add the tuna and toss to combine. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- While the tuna mixture is cooking, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 3 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving ½ cup (125ml) of the cooking water. Add the pasta and reserved cooking water to the tuna mixture and toss to combine. Add the lemon juice and toss to combine. Divide between bowls and sprinkle with dill to serve. Serves 4
TIPS + TRICKS:
+ We used fresh pasta varieties, which are available from selected supermarkets, specialty grocers and delicatessens. If you can’t find fresh flavoured pastas, plain dried varieties also work – follow the cooking times on the packet.
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.