raspberry coconut chia
- 2 cups (300g) frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- ⅓ cup (80ml) maple syrup
- 400ml can coconut cream
- ¼ cup (50g) white chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 1½ tablespoons raw caster sugar
- Place the raspberries, water and ¼ cup (60ml) of the maple syrup in a medium saucepan over high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10–12 minutes or until thickened. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
- While the raspberry mixture is cooling, place the coconut cream, chia, vanilla and remaining maple syrup in a blender and blend for 1 minute.
- Divide the raspberry mixture between 4 x 1½-cup-capacity (375ml) ramekins. Top evenly with the coconut mixture and refrigerate for 2–4 hours or until set.
- Sprinkle with the caster sugar and, using a kitchen blowtorch, caramelise the sugar. Serve. Makes 4
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.